STOP AND SMELL THE ROSÉ
NO WAY, ROSÉ!
NOEL, WILL YOU ACCEPT THIS ROSÉ?!
OK. IM DONE….😂
It is no secret that I have a love for all wines, especially rosé! I actually got my wine connoisseur certification in Italy a couple of years ago! (I really hope that makes me sound cool/interesting, I need all the help I can get 😂) One of my favorites things to learn about wine is how different wines pair with different foods because of the different characteristics each of them have! I thought it would be cool to incorporate my love for wine & my love for food by baking a fun sparkling rosé donuts recipe! This sweet wine-infused little treat combines the delicate flavor of Sparkling Rosé with a hint of strawberries, & is perfect for any girls/date night, Valentine’s Day, or even a weekend brunch!
You guys can print this recipe card or save it to your phone!
I couldn’t find edible dried rose petals, so I looked it up on google, and this is what I found! When it comes to making edible dried rose petals, you MUST use roses that are organic, pesticide-free, or else it isn’t edible! Alls I did was pick each petal off the flower, and spread it on a cookie sheet, and made sure they were touching. I sprinkled each petal with a little sugar, and popped it in the over at 200ºF for about 45 minutes!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF, and lightly coat your doughnut pan with cooking spray. Set aside for later.
- In a bowl, whisk together the following dry ingredients: flour, ground strawberries, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla extract, Rosé wine, and milk until all ingredients are combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and keep mixing until fully combined.
- Transfer the batter into a zippered plastic bag (I made the mistake of not using a zippered bag, opps!) or piping bag to make it easier for you to pour the batter into the baking sheet. Fill each circle 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of donut comes out clean with no batter sticking to it. Cook in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes, and then transfer the donuts to a wire rack to cool.
- With the remaining batter, repeat with lightly coating the pan with more nonstick cooking spray before pouring the batter into the pan.
- For the icing: In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, freeze-dried strawberries, heavy cream, and Rosé wine until all is combined.
- Dip cooled doughnuts into the glaze, and then top it off with a dried rose petal!
- Rosé all day!!
I hope y’all enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you guys end up making it, I would love to know what you think of it! I actually want to try this recipe using either almond milk or coconut milk to see if it will still come out good, since I actually don’t eat dairy! Hopefully I can refrain from eating all of them, so I can save and share some with my boyfriend, when I go visit him this weekend to celebrate Valentine’s Day! I hope y’all enjoy Valentine’s Day, and do something fun with someone or for yourself! I will be watching Fifty Shades of Grey with my girlfriend Tina, so BIG PLANS PEOPLE! I low-key love those movies & books 🙈